Tom B
Hi Gang, In these quarantined times I'm setting up a board that suits my needs and not just my wants. Currently I play in a cover band that does primarily classic rock, alternative, and some dance music. I have a pedaltrain nano and right now I start with a tuner and end with a sansamp. In between I have room for 2 pedals but have 5 pedals to choose from, MXR octave, MXR envelope filter, Ampeg Scrambler, Zvex bassdistortion and a Bass Clone chorus. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks and I hope you're all safe out there!
Quote 1 0
Ronnie Brannan ronniebassplayr
Hey Tom, I'd say out of the pedals you have to choose from, I'd pick the MXR Bass Octave Deluxe and the EH Bass Clone. I own both, and both are big go to pedals of mine. I run my those and the rest of my big board into a Tech 21 VT Bass, a first cousin of the original SansAmp. Conversely, if you wanted something more portable, check out the Valeton Dapper Bass Effects Strip. It's got compression, envelope, amp sim, octave, and chorus, all in one unit (near carbon copy of the Tech 21 Fly Bass Rig). I just did a YT demo of it recently:

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Bassist with Blue Man Group, Cosmic Roots Collective, and SOY DIVISION.
Check out my bass gear demos and reviews here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJpVfneW0hveCeFUbfTLsng/featured
Quote 0 0