Jason@FretNation
New D'Addario XT Guitar Strings are to last 4 times longer than traditional strings and be 131% more stable.  They use a XT treated Plain Steel Strings and wrap wire over a High Carbon NY Steel Hex Core with Fusion Twist technology for a stronger more stable string.  XT strings are replacing the EXP coated string line.  

Theses strings start shipping later this month (end of August).  Pre-Order yours today at FretNation!
Quote 0 0
Rico
What it is, Jason!  I'm kind of a "string ho" in that i like to try different brands and types. (I have been using DR's for a while and I do like them) I wouldn't mind giving the A'Adario's a shot, but do they come in mediums? I like having a good relationship between the highs and lows and going to a light makes me ask if there is enough bottom end on them. My main bass is an F Bass (BN5).
Thanx!
Quote 0 0
Jason@FretNation

Rico wrote:
What it is, Jason!  I'm kind of a "string ho" in that i like to try different brands and types. (I have been using DR's for a while and I do like them) I wouldn't mind giving the A'Adario's a shot, but do they come in mediums? I like having a good relationship between the highs and lows and going to a light makes me ask if there is enough bottom end on them. My main bass is an F Bass (BN5).
Thanx!

For launch they are only coming in the sets specified.  

For the bass sets they are: 

.045 .065 .080 .100
.045 .065 .085 .105 
.050 .070 .085 .105
.045 .065 .080 .100 .130

I expect them to make singles available after launch as well as introduce new string sets overtime. 

Quote 0 0
soulman
Jason, are the XT strings a coated string or non-coated  Also, will D'Addario be producing them in half size sets like .095-.044s and .105-.046s?
WWJD/What Would Jamerson Do
Quote 0 0
Jason@FretNation
They are coated.  Coated wrap wire and coated core.  They have a 45-105 set.  No 40-95 yet.  Hopefully they will add them to the lineup eventually like they did with the NYXL strings. 
Quote 0 0
soulman
I would only use the guitar versions but I'm not a fan of coated strings.  I'll probably either stick with XLs or begin using the NYXLs more often.
Quote 0 0
Jason@FretNation
Give a set a try.  They don't feel coated, they also complete a ground unlike Elixirs and other coated strings. 
Quote 0 0
soulman
If they'll produce them in the .095-.044 sets I normally use on all of my 25.5" scale length guitars I'll try a set on all of them.  Those have become my Goldilocks string gauge.  They do offer that gauge in the NYXLs so my guess is sooner or later they'll offer it in the XT Series as well.
Quote 0 0
Jason@FretNation
Sounds like a plan!  When the NYXL came out, they only came in a few of the standard gauges.  Now they have a whole bunch available including singles! 
Quote 0 0