soulman
I'll add another club to the list.  Current owner on of an L2500 and seriously interested in adding a Kiloton soon.

G&L7.jpg 

G&L3.jpg
WWJD/What Would Jamerson Do
Quote 3 0
SynapticGroove
What a beauty!  I've always thought G&L basses were solid.

1989 Warwick Dolphin Pro I
2010 Ritter Roya
2003 Parker Fly FB4
Quote 1 0
soulman
Thank you.  The L2000 and L2500 are the most versatile basses I've ever played.  Although they do have an onboard preamp the MFD pickups are so powerful I typically play only in the passive mode where I still have a choice of both parallel and series settings for each of the pickup options.

Build, fit and finish are top shelf and I believe G&L does some of the nicest 'burst finishes of anyone.  I also have a tobacco burst ASAT Special Telecaster that I'm equally pleased with.  That and the L Series Basses were among Leo Fenders last designs and I believe where Fender might be today had he never sold.
Quote 1 0
soulman
Thanks Jason!  :thumbsup:
Quote 0 0
FretNation
For sure!
Quote 1 0
soulman
Just added a G&L Kiloton to the mix.  PBass kind of passive simplicity but the single MFD pickup set in the "sweet spot" and 3-way switching that provides Series, Parallel and Single Coil settings offer some unique voicings.

kiloton1.jpg 

kiloton.jpg 
Quote 0 0
soulman
Update on the Kiloton.

Tonally it is very punchy and mid focused somewhat I like a Jazz Bass but far more aggressive due to the MFD pickup.  Knock down a brick wall and punch you in the chest aggressive.  I'm positive it will cut through even a mid heavy mix especially with the pickup run in series.  The three position selector also allows both coils in parallel and a single coil mode.

It's 100% passive but like others models with MFD pickups it hits the front end hard so it's best if played through a -10db padded input and the volume is pulled back slightly to say 75%-80%.  Then use whatever gain and master volume controls are available on the amp to set a good volume level and you'll still have room to add pickup volume when needed.

I picked up a set of Brite Flats from Jason and that's what's on it now.  This is my first experience with ground wounds.  With the lows boosted and mids pulled back a lot they seem to compliment the bass well.  Very articulate.  I also plan to try a set of Pressurewounds to see if it likes those even better.  They have typically been my go to string for all but my PBasses.
Quote 0 0
soulman
Year one update.

The original Oly White model had a truss rod issue.  The nut would not engage the rod so neck adjustments could not be made.  I exchanged it for an ash body Irish Ale model with a maple neck I'm actually enjoying more.  Strings are now GHS Pressurewounds.  They'll stay.

kiloton1.jpg
Quote 0 0
Jason@FretNation

soulman wrote:
Year one update.

The original Oly White model had a truss rod issue.  The nut would not engage the rod so neck adjustments could not be made.  I exchanged it for an ash body Irish Ale model with a maple neck I'm actually enjoying more.  Strings are now GHS Pressurewounds.  They'll stay.

kiloton1.jpg

Beautiful!  

Quote 1 0
soulman
Just one more to get and I've already given you a sketch of the specs.  Should look a lot like this.

Oh damn.  Can't get pic to upload.

Quote 1 0