ajkula66
I've been around Gibson basses since '83 when I bought my first one - a '69 Les Paul Bass - and have owned quite a few of them since. Currently it's just Grandma ('69 EB-0, severely molested before getting saved by silly old me, on the right)  and Grandpa ('70 EB-0L "slothead" on the left, presently tuned BEAD) as my kids named these two, but more are likely to join in the future...stay tuned...

IMG_20171008_183750.jpg
"...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules..." (King Crimson)

Cheers,

George
Quote 0 0
ken
Nice, George! Love the names, too. I'm left-handed, so although I always loved the Thunderbird, I wasn't able to to play one until 2013 when Gibson released it. And it's all I've played since. Right know I'm also having a 2013 Non-Reverse converted to left-handed, since I realized they look better upside down.

4F6431F1-9FC8-4ED7-8A78-A75978609BE2.jpeg 
Quote 1 0
ken
By the way, are those Hipshot bridges?  I have them on all my basses.  Love them.  I just wish the 2-point SuperTone had the same bolt spacing as the 3-point, since I don't like, aesthetically, how the 3-point one bows out to cover the third bolt hole.  I'd be perfectly fine leaving that exposed in order to have that front part flat across.  But this, in the end, is a function over form situation.
Quote 0 0
ajkula66
Ken  ken wrote:
By the way, are those Hipshot bridges?  I have them on all my basses.  Love them.  I just wish the 2-point SuperTone had the same bolt spacing as the 3-point, since I don't like, aesthetically, how the 3-point one bows out to cover the third bolt hole.  I'd be perfectly fine leaving that exposed in order to have that front part flat across.  But this, in the end, is a function over form situation.

Yes, these are 2-point Hipshots. Love them as well, although I've since reverted to the original bridge on the EB-0L. And if you think that Gibson's three point is a pain, buy a late '70s/early 80s Guild and check out their version...SMH...🙉...this is not trashing for the sake of trashing, I own a Guild with such a bridge...

Cheers,

George
Quote 0 0
ajkula66
Ken,

On another note...please post pictures of the NR Bird once the conversion is done...I'm a sucker for these babies, something fierce...

Cheers,

George
Quote 0 0
ken
ajkula66 wrote:

Yes, these are 2-point Hipshots. Love them as well, although I've since reverted to the original bridge on the EB-0L. And if you think that Gibson's three point is a pain, buy a late '70s/early 80s Guild and check out their version...SMH...🙉...this is not trashing for the sake of trashing, I own a Guild with such a bridge...

Oh, I'd probably buy an EB-0L if one came up in left-handed. I just don't want to deal with short scales, or I would've bought a recent SG.

Here are a couple of pics of the NR, one just in the planning, and one during the process of closing up the old knob holes.

B7B694D1-9B2B-4319-962B-4F9CB4529F54.jpeg

CE2CD505-C1D4-4226-BF1F-AE592ACD9545.jpeg   
Quote 1 0