SteveBass
Short scale basses. Love them or hate them.
I am really loving mine.
Reverend Dub King in Tobacco sunburst.
A ton of tonal options. The shorter scale is super easy to adjust to.  I'm looking to replace the round wound with Labella flats.
Anyone else loving their Short scale?
Carvin LB 75
Fender Jazz
Fender Precision
Reverend Dub King
R.a.d. Engineering
Barefaced Big Baby 2
Broughton Audio
Phil Jones Bass
Quote 1 0
SynapticGroove
Used to have a Fender Mustang and an Alembic Series I, both short scale.  Loved both of them!

1989 Warwick Dolphin Pro I
2010 Ritter Roya
2003 Parker Fly FB4
Quote 1 0
Debz
I have all different sizes. From a full length 5 string to a bass ukulele.  But short scale is definitely my favorite go to.
💀🎸💀
Quote 1 0
ajkula66
I've been playing short-scale basses (not exclusively) since '83 and always had a soft spot for them. Having said that, had someone told me back then that my main bass - and the 4-string love of my life - would end up being a molested and modded short scale '69 Gibson EB-0, I would have told them to seek psychiatric help immediately.

While I do own long scale basses as well, the aforementioned Gibby gets played the most.
"...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules..." (King Crimson)

Cheers,

George
Quote 1 0
Djasterix
H! I have 2 short scales on my stable, a Fender Pawn Shop Mustang (the one with the humbucker) and a modded Squier Bronco (with a DiMarzio Pro Track pickup).
[image] 
[image] 
Quote 1 0
ajkula66
My only short-scale bass at the moment, but if I were to play just this one until the end of my days, I'd be perfectly content. She gets buried with me. IMG-20170426-00304.jpg 
"...Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules..." (King Crimson)

Cheers,

George
Quote 1 0
Unclebass
I have two short scales....a Squier short scale jaguar with D'Addario tapes and an Eastwood Classic 4 with GHS Precision Flats.  Also have two long scales, a Squier Standard jazz with Dunlop SB nickels, as well as the Fender Active Jazz with GHS Balanced nickels that I play at church.  I have a hard time picking a favorite string or bass, depends on the mood I'm in. 
Quote 1 0
basschick
i started playing short scale basses after i tore my rotator cuff years ago.  i learned to really enjoy them.  i currently have 2 mikros (28.6" scale), but after i sold my mustang i missed having a 30" scale, so i picked up a squier bronco, and i'm a happy camper 🙂
Quote 1 0
Kevin1960
I have a Micheal Kelly 32inch scale Firefly fretless 4 that I picked up about 6 months ago and I do like the short scale feel this one has. This would be my first experience with short scale basses. I would like to find a good 5 string short scale fretted but have yet to come across one that I like. Any suggestions from short scale users would be very helpful.
Quote 1 0
basschick
Kevin1960 wrote:
I have a Micheal Kelly 32inch scale Firefly fretless 4 that I picked up about 6 months ago and I do like the short scale feel this one has. This would be my first experience with short scale basses. I would like to find a good 5 string short scale fretted but have yet to come across one that I like. Any suggestions from short scale users would be very helpful.

i like the michael kelly basses i've tried, but a 32 inch scale bass isn't a short scale - it's a medium scale.  this is important because a standard short scale bass uses different strings than a medium scale bass (usually - there are some variations on this), and there are a lot less medium scale basses and strings for medium scale basses.  

btw, i just checked at sweetwater and they don't have even one 32 inch scale 5-string 🙁

in 2012 word was out that warwick was coming out with a 32 inch scale 5-string rockbass corvette, but i'm having trouble finding one online.  maybe they didn't release them or maybe they didn't release them for long.  i don't see 32 inch options at warmoth, either, and at a glance, there are no medium scale 5 strings on ebay.  good luck finding one - it looks like you'll have  search on your hands or will need to order or build a custom bass.
Quote 1 0
chadhargis
I really want to check out Carey Nordstrands "Cat" (Acinonyx) short scale.
Quote 0 0